Friends of the Library
Friends of the Library is the fundraising body for the Swan Hills Municipal Library. Our Library's goal is to serve the literary, educational, informational, recreational, and cultural needs of the citizens of Swan Hills. To do this, we need help from you.
There are two ways you can help us to serve the needs of the citizens of Swan Hills:
- Volunteer as a friend of the library to assist with fund raising, projects, and functions;
- Donation or sponsorship of our facility, collection, reference services, and programs.
You do not need to be a member of the Library Board to be a friend.
If you are interested in sponsoring or donating, here are some of the areas and estimated costs which we need funding for:
- Junior Non Fiction Shelving Units - $ 1000.00
- Information Spinner - For college and government information $ 650.00
- Item Location Signage - To identify alphabetically where the books and other materials are located $ 300.00
- General Book Collection - You choose the type of books and your name can be put inside each book you sponsor $ 500.00
- Space Planning - Ongoing
Funds should be payable to "The Friends Of The Swan Hills Library" and an income tax receipt will be issued. Unless otherwise specified, we will place you or your company’s name on our donation board in the library, which lists all our of sponsors and donors and they will also be published on this site under Friends/Donations.
For further information, please contact the library.